Mission & Goals
Since World War II, the National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA) has served our country’s national defense and homeland security as a trusted environment where government, military, and private sector professionals can solve pressing challenges in the fields of logistics, transportation, and passenger travel services.
NDTA is a non-political, non-profit educational organization. Our three priorities are to:
- Maintain that “trusted environment” by facilitating strong working relationships, education, and the exchange of ideas
- Invest in programs and capabilities that provide value to our corporate and individual members, and help develop the next generation of professionals
- Serve the broader national security interest through a new focus on all government stakeholders in logistics, transportation, and passenger travel
We have a rich history, dating back to 1944. In that time, NDTA has established a great track record of service; including real-world disaster relief through partnerships with organizations like American Red Cross, the creation of transportation studies and white papers, the development of emergency management plans, and exercises in cooperation with the military.
By the Numbers
- 233 corporate members
- More than 5,500 individual members
- More than 30 active chapters worldwide
- Six functional committees
- $231,000 in student scholarships at the national level in the past 6 years
- Tens of thousands of dollars more awarded every year by NDTA chapters
- Two premier national events – NDTA-USTRANSCOM Fall Meeting and GovTravels
Two Annual National Events
- The NDTA-USTRANSCOM Fall Meeting is the “must attend” meeting that connects government, military, and private sector stakeholders in the Joint Logistics Enterprise.
- GovTravels is our new symposium for all government travel and passenger services.
Regular Drumbeat of Government – Industry Engagement
- Annual CEO-level Transportation Advisory Board
- 6 working-level committees – 4 modal, passenger travel & cyber – regularly bring the government, military and private sector together to address current industry challenges
- USTRANSCOM-hosted Executive Working Group meetings
- Charitable fundraisers and scholarship benefits
- Meetings for professional development and networking
NDTA Foundation and Scholarships
The National Defense Transportation Association Foundation carries out the association’s charter to conduct and assist programs of transportation education, research and development.
The Foundation annually awards scholarship money to high school or college students pursuing an education in logistics, transportation, or passenger travel. Three scholarship programs are available to NDTA members and their financial dependents pursuing the study of logistics, transportation, supply chain, physical distribution, or passenger travel services.
MAKE AN IMPACT WITH NDTA
Join the National Defense Transportation Association’s global association of transportation, logistics and passenger travel professionals. Experience competitive benefits, rewarding professional development courses, exciting networking opportunities, and create a strong, efficient transportation system for the United States.