CISA Issues “Shields Up” Advisory
Due to increasing geopolitical tensions, the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has issued a “Shields Up” advisory (www.cisa.gov/shields-up). The Defense Industrial Base is one of 16 official United States critical infrastructure sectors. Like the other critical infrastructure sectors’ leaders, we’re reaching out to encourage you to do three things.
- Heed the advisory.
- Report Cyber Incidents. DFARS 252.204-7012 stipulates a contractor’s requirement to rapidly report cyber incidents impacting Covered Defense Information (CDI) and/or the ability to perform operationally critical support within 72 hours of discovery to https://dibnet.dod.mil. For questions or more information, contact DCISE (DC3.DCISE@us.af.mil or call the 24/7 Hotline at 1-877-838-2174).
- Get Assistance and Partner. These three organizations can assist you.
- DoD Cyber Crime Center’s (DC3) DoD- Defense Industrial Base Collaboration Information Sharing Environment (DCISE) – www.dc3.mil; DC3.DCISE@us.af.mil; 24/7 Hotline – 1-877-838-2174
- National Security Agency’s Cybersecurity Collaboration Center (CCC) — https://www.nsa.gov/About/Cybersecurity-Collaboration-Center
- National Defense Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ND-ISAC) – ND-ISAC is the official ISAC for the DIB Critical Infrastructure Sector recognized by DoD and DHS. The ND-ISAC is a private sector self-organized and self-governing entity; it is a trusted partner providing exceptional technical solutions and support to its members. Please email Info@NDISAC.org to contact the team or see ND-ISAC’s public-facing website at www.ndisac.org.
Thank you for your continued support and collaboration.