FEMA Releases National Continuous Improvement Guidance
FEMA published the “National Continuous Improvement Guidance.” This guidance provides an approach to conduct consistent and rigorous continuous improvement activities before, during, and after real-world incidents. This guide is intended for the whole community, including state, local, tribal and territorial partners; nongovernmental organizations; the private sector; and other organizations with emergency management functions. To download the guidance, please visit https://preptoolkit.fema.gov/web/cip-citap/ncig.
FEMA will host a series of 60-minute webinar sessions to provide an overview of the guidance and discuss revisions based on feedback from the national engagement period held earlier this year. Guest speakers will discuss the importance of continuous improvement in emergency management. Webinar sessions will be offered through mid- December 2022. To register for a webinar, please visit https://preptoolkit.fema.gov/web/cip-citap/events.
- Webinar 1: 1 – 2 p.m. ET on Nov. 1. (Guest Speaker: MaryAnn Tierney, FEMA Region 3 Administrator)
- Webinar 2: 12 – 1 p.m. ET on Nov. 7. (Guest Speaker: John Benson, Director, Iowa Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management)
- Webinar 3: 4 – 5 p.m. ET on Nov. 17. (Guest Speaker: Melanie Bartis, Deputy Coordinator, Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management)
- Webinar 4 – Spanish-speaking session: 11 a.m. – Noon ET on Dec. 2. (Guest Speakers: Jose Marchand, Lead Continuity Analyst, and Michelle Ortiz, Continuous Improvement Coordinator, FEMA Region 2, Puerto Rico Caribbean Area Office)
- Webinar 5: 10 – 11 a.m. ET on Dec. 13. (Guest Speaker: Clint Osborn, Deputy Director, District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency)
If you have any questions, please contact FEMA Office of External Affairs: