Regulations, Guidance, and References
- The Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (5 S.C. 552a)
- DoDI 11, DoD Privacy and Civil Liberties Program, Jan 29, 2019
- Army Regulation 25-22, The Army Privacy Program, Dec 22
- Army Regulation 25-1, Information Management, June 25
- Privacy and Use, Accessibility, and DOD Non-Endorsement Disclaimer Notice
- The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- Delaware Online Privacy and Protection Act (DOPPA)
- (815 ILCS 530/) Personal Information Protection Act
- Code of Virginia, 2.2-3803
- “Virginia Freedom of Information Act” 2.2-3700, et seq.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time; we will post policy changes as they occur. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
What User Data We Collect
When you visit the NDTA website, we may collect the following data:
- Identity Data includes first name, middle name, last name, username, date of birth, company/organization, phone number, or similar identifier, and title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about services you have obtained from us, including registrations. When you add your method of payment information to your registration, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our We do not maintain credit card information. For each transaction a form of payment must be entered.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your NDTA username and password, registrations, and sign-ups by you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing, including demos, from us and your communication preferences.
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services.
- To send you emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To register you for an event that is hosted or co-hosted by NDTA.
- To contact you to fill out surveys from attending educational symposiums, conferences, and webinars.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
- To comply with legal or regulatory obligations when required.
Note: Our websites and services are not targeted at children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under 16 without parental consent. If you become aware we have collected personal data from a minor under the age of 16 without parental consent, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
NDTA is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. NDTA has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by hiring a professional service to implement the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
Our site uses session cookies from which you cannot opt-out.
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your computer when you visit websites. Information is saved in this text file to ensure a smooth and interactive experience on the internet. Cookies usually also have an expiration date. For example, some cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (so-called session cookies), while others can be stored longer on your computer, sometimes until you delete them manually (so-called permanent cookies).
Links to Other Websites
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
When you are filling in the registration online for the conferences, meetings or webinars on the website, make sure to check the box does not consent to share my contact information.
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to resend your confirmation email with the link for you to change your response to the consent question.
If you make a request, we have a reasonable amount of time to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Mailing Address: National Defense Transportation Association, 50 S. Pickett Street, Suite 220, Alexandria, Virginia, 22304.
ABBREVIATIONS AND ACRONYMS
- DoD – Department of Defense
- DoDD – DoD directive
- ILCS – Illinois Compiled Statutes
- Surveys. Systematic data collections, using personal or self-administered questionnaires, in paper or digital format, from a sample or census of 10 or more persons as individuals or representatives of agencies that elicit attitudes, opinions, and related demographic and social data be used for statistical compilations for research or event improvement purposes.
MAKE AN IMPACT WITH NDTA
Join the National Defense Transportation Association’s global association of transportation, logistics and passenger travel professionals. Experience competitive benefits, rewarding professional development courses, exciting networking opportunities, and create a strong, efficient transportation system for the United States.