Europe & Africa Regional Committees
Mr. Jerry Nickerson
Office: +49 69 13018117
NDTA Europe & Africa Leadership
- Mr. Jason Trubenbach (European Regional President)
- VACANT (European Regional Treasurer)
Regional Committee Leadership
Regional Surface Committee
- VACANT (Chair)
- Ms. Thérèse Mefire (Vice Chair)
- VACANT (Gov’t Liaison – Europe)
- VACANT (Gov’t Liaison – Africa)
- Mr. John Gallagher (Vice Gov’t Liaison – Europe)
Regional Airlift Committee
- Mr. Marc Schaefer (Chair)
- VACANT (Vice Chair)
- Mr. Steve Lord (Gov’t Liaison)
Regional Sea & Port Operations Committee
- Ms. Fiona Slabbekoorn (Chair)
- Ms. Karen Hellemans (Vice Chair)
- COL Robert Kellam (Gov’t Liaison)
View presentation material from the 4-5 Sept 2019 kickoff meeting.
View material from the Committee’s presentation to NATO on 16 Sept.
View presentation material from the 24-25 January 2023 NDTA Europe & Africa Region Workshop.
Europe & Africa Regional Committees Goals
- Elect Committee Chairpersons and Secretarial positions and Treasurer (seven total vacancies)
- Enable U.S. Government, Military, Allies, and Commercial Industry deepen partnerships to strengthen readiness through collaboration and innovation.
- Provide significant recommendations for each Combatant Command’s long term strategy to Logistically Set their regional Theater in order to synchronize with our Allies.
- Discuss current and future movement operations; identify challenges and opportunities; and develop solutions together!
NDTA Europe & Africa Region Workshop 2023
24-25 January 2023, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
The NDTA Europe & Africa Region is excited to announce the NDTA Europe & Africa Workshop scheduled for 24-25 January 2023.
The 2023 Workshop intends to capture the same success as the NDTA Europe and Africa Regional Committee Meetings held in 2019. Government and Industry will have an invaluable in-person opportunity to re-engage and deepen partnerships and better understand the EUCOM and AFRICOM current challenges; discuss solutions and ideas for future collaboration.
The workshop will host several keynote speakers and committee sessions over one and a half days, at the Ramstein Officers’ Club, as well as a sponsored off-site dinner and entertainment at Alpine Hut in Kaiserslautern on 24 January.
To register for the event, you must have an NDTA account profile, but you do not need to be an NDTA member. To create a new profile, or access an existing profile, click here. Create or update your profile page and then select Events on the left-hand margin. Follow the prompts to register for the NDTA Europe & Africa Region Workshop 2023.
Registration will close 10 January 2023.
Cancellations on or before December 31 will incur a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellations after December 31, 2022, will incur a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Bus Shuttle for Industry for Access to Ramstein Air Base
Particularly for attendees from industry, there will a sponsored bus shuttle from Kaiserslautern city center to the Ramstein Officers’ Club on Ramstein Airbase on 24 and 25 January to transport attendees in and out of the facility. Ramstein base access is only possible if you are on the access roster, details provided by 10 January 2023 and if you sign up for the bus shuttle during the registration process.
Bus Shuttle for DoD ID holders
You are also able to sign up for the bus shuttle during the registration process, please do so by 10 January 2023.
Access to Ramstein Airbase
If you have a DoD ID, you will be able to gain access to Ramstein Airbase. If you do not have a DoD ID or access to Ramstein Airbase arranged independently, you will not be able to access this event unless you sign up for the bus shuttle service before 10 January 2023.
We are seeking industry sponsorship for the off base Alpine Dinner event for a maximum of 80 people, to be held at a prestigious restaurant in Kaiserslautern. We will have exclusive use of the restaurant only for NDTA attendees and the location is close to the hotels we are recommending. All sponsorship packages and pricing can be found here. If you are interested in taking up this unique sponsorship opportunity, please contact Fiona Slabbekoorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any difficulty registering or accessing NDTA’s registration platform, please contact email@example.com.
Preferred sleeping room rates will be available at a local hotel. Details coming soon.
If you have any questions regarding the program, registration or the agenda, please contact:
Telephone: +31 629404062
WhatsApp: +31 622461432
JEADDC 2020 is focused on strengthening partnerships with industry to improve our support to the warfighter and to provide options and decision space for our Combatant Commanders. USEUCOM and USAFRICOM hope to increase the understanding of stakeholder’s requirements, share our deployment and distribution opportunities, and to seek improved collaboration between the U.S., Allies, partners, and industry.
End state: Increased strategic relationships and knowledge across the European and African distribution networks resulting in a clearer path toward operational efficiency.
Europe & Africa Regional Committees Kickoff Meeting
4-5 September 2019
Sembach Kaserne, Germany (Location: Bldg 109)
This was our kick-off meeting, initiating the NDTA Europe and Africa regionally-focused transportation committees focused on the effective and efficient movement of military cargo and passengers through the air, sea, ports, highways, waterways, and railways.
On 19 September 2019, Mr. Jerry Nickerson and Mr. Jason Trubenbach had an opportunity to brief the NATO Transport Group on the NDTA and the recent establishment of the Europe and Africa Regional Committees. Prior to their briefing, Mr. Nickerson and Mr. Trubenbach were able to listen to the discussions and noticed how remarkably similar the challenges/issues were to the discussions two weeks ago at the Europe/Africa Regional committees meeting. The briefing provided an introduction to NDTA, highlighting its non-political, non-profit, educational mission in support of national security. The key takeaways included:
- Challenges in communication and understanding between civil – military – government – industry of requirements and capabilitie
- The NATO Transport Group is interested in learning from the NDTA community how to coordinate with stakeholders, share possible solutions to problems, and understand capacities and contracts of/with industry
- There are few organizations in Europe that provide similar capabilities of the NDTA (the representative from Finland was the only one to identify a similar org, the National Emergency Support Agency)
- The Transport Group proposed to their members that NDTA be granted “Observer Status” at their future meetings; it was further proposed that the Transport Group establish a new category in their charter for “experts” that include members from NDTA/industry
- Mr. Nickerson and Mr. Trubenbach were invited to participate in the next Inland Surface Transport meeting in Feb 2020 in Bonn
- Mr. Nickerson and Mr. Trubenbach invited all member nations to work with NDTA in the future and requested that they take the information back to their respective nations and share it with their national industry stakeholders
- Finally, Mr. Nickerson and Mr. Trubenbach discussed the NDTA Europe/Africa team taking on a broader understanding and address of the NATO security issues as they directly impact U.S. national security (and NDTA’s charter).
MAKE AN IMPACT WITH NDTA
Join the National Defense Transportation Association’s global association of transportation, logistics and passenger travel professionals. Experience competitive benefits, rewarding professional development courses, exciting networking opportunities, and create a strong, efficient transportation system for the United States.